Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome to Cedarwood Aviaries

Hi there, my name is Anil Perera. I raise and breed many varieties of exotic finch. This is not a first-time endeavour, in fact it is quite the opposite; I have bred birds from a very young age and find that I have a knack for it, especially rarer breeds who aren't known to easily breed in captivity. In this blog I plan to showcase some of the quality birds that I breed. I believe in close banding all of my birds; for the novice, that means to band the bird with it's year of birth, done within days of it's hatching. I'm also a member of the Durham Avicultural Society. It's very important that all of my birds are housed and bred in large flight cages - this ensures easy breeding of wild-caught species, such as African finches.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

please advise the dimensions of your cages......i let my birds free fly in a huge bird room approx. 10x20x12 except for my siskins which i keep caged... i have 2 outdoor aviaries..... each one is 4x8x7....in the warm months i put one pair of the harder to breed who require mealworms in each aviary.......i am extremely impressed with your website...you are a credit to our hobby.....bob